Our present place of worship dates
from 1893 and is a fine neo-Gothic building in the village of Portmahomack.
The building was designed by Andrew Maitland and Sons, Architects.
It was largely restored in 1993-4.
The Church bell dates from an earlier church building on the same site. Its wheel, sadly corroded by the salt air, required replacement. A new wheel was built and installed by one of the congregation
This building, on the same site
as the present one, served the congregation from 1844 to 1893. It is shown
here on the day demolition commenced. The builder of the new church,
Lamb to name, is visible on the roof.
This picture shows the bell, following
repair in 1994, being lifted back into position at a height of about
50' above ground
This picture shows the interior
of the church, the woodwork being fine North American pine
(This photo courtesy of David and Jane Fulkerson, Plentywood, Montana, USA)
Rev. Dugald Matheson, minister during
the period in which the present building was erected
Rev. John MacLeod, the minister
Sunday School Picnic, 1996
A rainbow forms over Tarbat Free
Bear with us -- more pictures will